Skip to content
The United States is giving another billion dollars in arms aid to Ukraine.
This aid package includes conventional weapons and ammunition,
long-range weapons, armored vehicles, medical transport in the battlefield, etc.
Since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war at the end of February this year
the United States has provided a total of $8.8 billion in aid to Ukraine at different times.
Last August 1, on Monday, the Pentagon,
the headquarters of the US Department of Defense,
provided long-range rocket support worth 550 million dollars to Ukraine.
However, the package that is being offered this time is the largest financial assistance package given to Ukraine so far.
- The package includes large quantities of arms and ammunition,
- long-range rocket HIMARS (HIMARS) and Nassams (NASMS) and M113 medical transport specially designed for transporting wounded soldiers on the battlefield.
- The current package includes 50 M One One Three transports.
- Three US Defense Department officials told Reuters that President Joe Biden has not yet signed the aid package file.
- If he signs, these weapons will be sent to Ukraine as soon as possible.
- The new aid package also mentions that the military hospital for US troops near the US airbase in Ramstein, Germany,
- will from now on provide medical care to the US troops as well as the wounded soldiers of Ukraine.
- US Defense Department officials also said the package is being sent under the Presidential Drawdown Authority (PDA), a special power of the US president.
Under the PDA, if a US president initiates aid to a country, he does not need the approval of the country’s legislature, Congress
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced the start of a special military operation in Ukraine
on February 24 after two and a half months of military deployment on the border due to the conflict surrounding the US and its allies NATO.
Two days before this announcement, he recognized two regions of Ukraine,
Donetsk and Luhansk, controlled by Russian separatists as independent states.
On Saturday, the 162nd day of the Russian military operation in Ukraine.
During this four-month period, full control of the eastern province of Luhansk,
two Ukrainian port cities of Kherson and Mariupol, the city of Liam in Donetsk province,
and part of the central province of Zaporizhzhya have gone into the hands of Russian forces.
Recently, the Russian forces have increased the level of attack. Last June, the Ministry of Defense
of Ukraine said that 100 to 200 Ukrainian soldiers were killed every day in Russian attacks.