Skip to content
The state wants to think about new recruitment amid investigation into teacher recruitment corruption.
It is said that a major decision on this matter is likely to be taken in the meeting of the state cabinet next Thursday.
According to official sources, the law department of the state has already approved
the rules for the appointment of head teachers in the state government schools.
The school education department of the state has also obtained the
necessary approval of the finance department for the recruitment.
The School Service Commission (SSC) will release the notification for the appointment of head
teachers in schools in the state after the approval of the state cabinet meeting on Thursday.
The school education department of the state is very active regarding the recruitment.
The school education department has informed the high court that there are
about two and a half thousand vacancies in the post of head teacher of the state.
The state is looking to fill those vacant posts as soon as possible.
However, it is known that the Board of Secondary Education will send the list of school-wise final vacancies to the SSC.
SSC will publish the notification for the recruitment of head teachers in
the beginning of September if the state cabinet approves the recruitment rules.
Several changes have been made in the appointment of head teachers.
The written test to be conducted for the post of head teacher will be entirely written test on OMR sheet.
There will be a total of 100 marks in the exam. 90 marks will be in OMR
sheet and 10 marks will be in interview. According to SSC sources,
the question paper will be announced after the publication of the notification.
- Several changes have been made in the rules for interviews as well.
- It is said that many things have changed in the counseling of passed candidates.
- Education Minister Bratya Basu has also held several meetings with the SSC Chairman regarding this recruitment rule.
- It is known that with the publication of the notification for the appointment of head teachers,
- the education department is also thinking of new appointments at the ninth-tenth and eleventh-twelfth levels.
- According to the information given to the High Court,
- there are about twenty thousand teaching posts in ninth-tenth and eleventh-twelfth.
The state government is trying to send a positive message by appointing new teachers in the poor condition
of the Trinamool in teacher recruitment corruption.
This is what the informed community thinks.