August 4, 2022
If you are bitten by a snake in the rain, you have to do it immediately

If you are bitten by a snake in the rain, you have to do it immediately

If you are bitten by a snake in the rain, you have to do it immediately

During the monsoon season and in flood-prone areas, snakes, like humans, become homeless. Due to which the snake tries to take shelter wherever it gets a chance.

As a result, the risk of snake bites increases a lot during this time.

According to the latest report published the World Health Organization in October 2019, at least 560,000 people bitten snakes

  • and at least 6,000 people die every year during the monsoon season in Bangladesh. According to experts, lack of awareness is the main cause of death in most cases of snake bites.
  • However, there is no reason to think that snake bites cause poisoning. Because there are some snakes that do not have venom.
  • In the case of snake bite treatment, it is beneficial to know what the snake has bitten. If you see a few symptoms, you can understand whether the person bitten by the snake has been poisoned or not.
  • If you are bitten by a poisonous snake, you will have these symptoms – the eyelids will close, there will be a lot of burning pain in the place of the bite,

the patient will see everything blurred, there will be difficulty in swallowing, the throat will close and the body will swell.

On the other hand, non-venomous snake bites cause slight pain, swelling or minor wounds. However, despite these symptoms, it is not right to take any risk, any patient should be taken to the hospital.

What to do if bitten by a snake

* According to experts, snake bites should be as calm as possible.

Panic or fear will increase heart rate. If the snake is poisonous, the venom will spread rapidly in the body due to heart attack.

The snake bite area cannot be moved much. Toxins can spread quickly throughout the body if you run or walk too fast.

 

If you are bitten by a snake in the rain
If you are bitten by a snake in the rain

The less movement there is, the less poison will spread throughout the body. So the highest level must be calm.

Even the bite of a venomous snake causes a much higher risk of dying from a heart attack alone.

* If there are no urgent symptoms, the bite site should be examined for signs of poisoning.

Poisoned tooth stains can be seen as a mark of two piercings about half an inch apart or simply as scratch marks. If there are clear signs of two poisonous teeth,

the snake is most likely poisonous, but if there are no signs of poisonous teeth, it cannot be said that the snake is not poisonous.

* When a snake bites, it is very important to put a bandage on the affected area first.

The affected area should be covered with a long piece of wood and cloth. Do not tie too tightly, it may stop the blood flow.

It should be tied in such a way that a finger can be inserted between the affected limb and the cloth with difficulty.

* Tie with a towel, scarf or muffler, that is, with a soft cloth. There are three. You can open it again for 20 minutes and apply it again. Don’t forget to tie with iron wire, twine, current wire or other thin things.

* No superstitious measures such as herbal paste or dung can be applied to snake bites. This can lead to an increase in infections there.

* Rings, bangles, bracelets should be removed from the body. Some snake venom can cause swelling of the fingers, hands or feet.

If there is a ring or bangle, the blood flow will be stopped and puncture may occur. Care should also be taken in feeding the patient.

If the patient vomits a lot or if the patient speaks in a snoring tone or the patient has difficulty swallowing,

it is better not to give anything to the patient. If you want to feed the patient, you have to sit down and feed him. If you cough, you have to stop.


* The patient should be rushed to the hospital. Antivenom is available at the hospital. This is the only treatment for a patient bitten by a venomous snake.🔱